Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
A part of DP World UAE
with corporate registered address P.O Box 17000, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
contact us at: email@example.com
Jafza is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. We recognize our obligation to keep sensitive information secure and have created this privacy and security statement to share and explain the current information management practices on this website.
The handling of all personal information by Jafza is governed by the UAE and Dubai privacy and security acts. We are committed to protecting your privacy whether you are browsing for information or conducting business with Jafza electronically.
This website collects some Personal Data from its visitors and users. Such Personal Data is collected only when the user submits information to receive information regarding products and services.
This document can be printed for reference by using the print command in the settings of any browser.
Data collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- ANALYTICS PLATFORMS: Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Conversion Tracking (Facebook Pixel), Google Ads Conversion Tracking and Linkedin Conversion Tracking collect cookies and usage data.
- MANAGING CONTACTS AND SENDING MESSAGES: Oracle Eloqua and Postmarkapp collect the users email address when submitted by the user. Additionally, Oracle Eloqua collects all data submitted by the user for use by the CRM.
- INTERACTION WITH EXTERNAL SOCIAL NETWORKS AND PLATFORMS: Facebook Like Button and Social Widgets and Addthis.com collect cookie and usage data.
- REMARKETING AND BEHAVIORAL TARGETING: Remarketing With Google Analytics, Facebook Remarketing and Linkedin Website Retargeting collect cookies and usage data.
- SPAM PROTECTION: Google Recaptcha collects cookies and usage data.
- TAG MANAGEMENT: Google Tag Manager collects cookies and usage data.
Furthermore; other information collected by a user may include:
- Data collected to send push notifications to a user’s desktop or mobile device.
Types of data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies; Usage Data; first name; last name; phone number; company name; email address; various types of Data; city, country etc.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Website is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Website to provide its services. In cases where this Website specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
METHODS OF PROCESSING
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. An updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
PLACE OF PROCESSING
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purpose of collecting data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as the following: Analytics, Contacting the User, Tag Management, Content performance and features testing (A/B testing), Displaying content from external platforms, Managing contacts and sending messages, Remarketing and behavioural targeting, Social features, SPAM protection, Interaction with external social networks and platforms, User database management, Managing support and contact requests, Backup saving and management, Content commenting and Data transfer outside the EU.
Data transfer outside the EU
The Owner is allowed to transfer Personal Data collected within the EU to third countries (i.e. any country not part of the EU) only pursuant to a specific legal basis. Any such Data transfer is based on one of the legal bases described below. Users can inquire with the Owner to learn which legal basis applies to which specific service.
Data transfer abroad based on standard contractual clauses (this Website)
If this is the legal basis, the transfer of Personal Data from the EU to third countries is carried out by the Owner according to “standard contractual clauses” provided by the European Commission.
This means that Data recipients have committed to process Personal Data in compliance with the data protection standards set forth by EU data protection legislation. For further information, Users are requested to contact the Owner through the contact details provided in the present document.
The rights of users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
DETAILS ABOUT THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
HOW TO EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT USER’S PERSONAL DATA
SYSTEM LOGS AND MAINTENANCE
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
HOW “DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS ARE HANDLED
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
COLLECTION OF IP ADDRESS
Our web server automatically collects your IP address when you visit our site (your IP address is your computer’s unique address that lets other computers attached to the Internet know where to send data, but does not identify you individually). We use your IP address to compile statistics on site usage through third-party service providers, such as Google, and help diagnose problems with our server if needed.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Protection of data
Your personal information is available only to the Jafza employees who have a need to know it. It will not be available for public inspection without your consent. Also, no website user information will be shared, sold or transferred to any third party without your prior consent. Access is given only to those qualified professionals who provide Jafza services consistent with your interactions with our website.
This policy was last updated on 27th September 2021 at 10:56 am