What is a service license?
The type of licence you require to operate in Jafza will depend upon the activity your business intends to engage in.
The Jafza service licence can be useful when the primary activity of your company revolves around providing services, consulting models, or knowledge transfer based on intellectual talent, which decides the majority of what you offer to customers.
The important distinguishing feature of a service license is the fact that the business does not trade in or hold stock of physical products.
How much does a service license cost?
The cost of the license depends on the number of activities included in the license. Activities are a list of actions that will be part of business operations. This list of activities is created and maintained by the Dubai Department of Economic Development and a completed list of the activities can be downloaded here.
Activities are further classified into groups. A group is a list of similar activities. A single activity may exist only in a single group.
As a business, you have the choice of selecting 1 or more activity that defines the operations of your business. Hence the cost of the service license will vary based on the following:
- If you have selected a maximum of 7 activities from a single group, the cost of the license will be AED 5,000 per year. It is essential to know that this cost is applicable only if all activities within the limit are from one single group only. Additionally, the cost will be increased by AED 500 for each additional activity beyond 7 activities in the group.
** All mentioned costs are subject to change and a change in such cost will be communicated by Jafza.
When is a service license required?
- If all activities of business operations are related to providing a service in the form of consulting, manpower advice and others.
- If there are no physical goods held as inventory.
- If there is no process of manufacturing or production of physical goods.
Steps to get started with a service license
The creation of a company with a service license requires the following steps:
- You must complete the Jafza Application Form and the EHS Undertaking Form in their entirety and submit all required documents.
- You must select the type of company formation you would want to incorporate under. Refer to the company formation section on our website for more information.
- Once you have selected the formation, you will be asked to select the license type – this is where you need to select Service License.
Speak to our business development and sales team if you need help regarding your service license requirements. You can schedule a call or visit us at our sales centre in Jebel Ali Free Zone.