How to set up a branch of an existing company
Setting up a branch of an existing company means the creation of a legal entity within the free zone that inherits all aspects in terms of legal formation and structure of an existing company.
There are many instances in which an existing company may choose to establish a branch within the free zone. Some of the primary reasons would include maintaining the company’s operating history and age, maintaining the same name as the parent company, ease of continuity of business for an existing business near a dynamic port, etc.
A branch of a company is a legal entity of the parent company. Any company established outside the Jebel Ali Free Zone can establish a branch within Jafza. The branch company should be 100% owned by the parent company, operate under the same name, and conduct the same business activities.
Setting up a branch of a company.
There are four simple steps to register a branch of a company in Jafza:
- Register your interest online. You can start your journey online by registering your interest. Once you have completed our online form, you will be contacted by our sales team to further verify your application.
- Submit the signed application form along with the list of all required documents. Since the branch of a company is an extension of an existing company, a valid trade license is absolutely essential.
- Select an offering from our listed solutions, license type and make the payment towards the business setup process. The license type will be inherited from the existing company too.
- Receive your license and move into your selected solution (warehouse, office space …etc)
What documents are required to set up a branch of a company?
A branch of a company is only a legal entity within the free zone that is an extension of the parent company.
Once you have registered your interest in setting up your company online, you will need the following documents at the time of submitting your application to set up a branch with Jafza.
- The Jafza Application Form.
- Trade license of the company outside the free zone. The document must be attested.
- Memorandum of Association. The document must be attested.
- Articles of Association
- Share certificate (if any)
- Chamber of commerce certificate (if any)
- A board resolution, duly signed by the directors of the company and stamped calling for the establishment of a branch of a company in Jafza and guaranteeing full financial commitment and Power of Attorney (POA). Original document required and the document must be attested.
- A letter by the company, as a no-objection certificate stating the company, has no objection to the formation of a branch within the free zone.
- Environment Health and Safety (EHS) application form.
- Know your customer (KYC) form to be filled in and submitted along with the application form. A passport copy of each shareholder of the company is required.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months.
- Copy of UAE Residence Visa page (if applicable)
- Director/Manager/Secretary should be 21 years and about.
- Ultimate Beneficiary Owner (UBO) Form to be filled in and submitted along with the application form. Cabinet Decision No. (58) of 2020 requires all companies in the United Arab Emirates to declare the Ultimate beneficiary of a business. In simple words, an ultimate beneficial owner (UBO) is an individual who is the ultimate beneficiary of a company.
- Appointment letter of Manager / Secretary.
- Passport copy of appointed Manager / Secretary
Please note, Jafza reserves the right to request any additional documentation that is deemed necessary. This will be communicated by the sales and registration team in person or via email.
Speak to our business development and sales team if you need help setting up a branch of a company within Jafza. You can schedule a call or visit us at our sales centre in Jebel Ali Free Zone.