COVID-19 Regulations for Jafza companies
The COVID-19 pandemic or coronavirus pandemic is an ongoing global pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
As per the directives of the Ministry of Health, Dubai Health Authority, Dubai Economic Department and various government entities, Jafza has been at the forefront of maintaining the rules and regulations in regards to the control of spread for COVID-19.
The United Arab Emirates and the Emirate of Dubai have emphasised precautionary measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19 and as part of this initiative, all companies registered in Jafza are required to follow the basic requirements at the least:
- Wearing a mask is mandatory at all times – except when exempted by the rules set forth by the Ministry of Health and relevant authorities.
- Maintaining social distancing at the workplace is required to be put in effect by all companies. Companies have to ensure adequate facilities in place to enforce social distancing.
- Asking employees to sanitize their hands regularly.
- Maintain sanitation protocols at the workplace.
Apart from these basic measures, all companies are required to follow the guidelines set forward by the Department of Economic Development on rules and regulations for the operation of a company during COVID-19. All businesses must take the necessary measures and precautions to be in compliance with the guidelines & protocols detailed in this document, prior to re-opening and continue to do so on resuming their operations.
Jafza sends regular updates and announcements to all companies and it is strongly recommended to follow the public announcements section of Dubai Trade for any individual that is planning to visit a company registered in Jafza or the Jafza headquarters.
Important websites to follow for COVID-19
- Announcements on the Dubai Trade portal – https://www.dubaitrade.ae/news-announcements